Valenciaphoto 2023, the photography festival of Valencia
ESMOVIA, in our commitment with culture and creativity promotion, supports the festival as official sponsor.
ValenciaPhoto® is a project born in 2022 for the annual celebration of a photography festival of the highest level and free of charge for the citizens, where established professionals and young avant-garde artists meet with the aim of making it a European reference in the art of photography.
After the success of the 1st edition, which received more than 20,000 visits, the festival is now ready for its 2nd edition.
The representative motto of this year’s festival is “UTOPIA.EU” in reference to the ideal of a united Europe, as a common space where all nationalities live together in peace.
With the celebration of this festival, the aim is to cooperate in the fusion of different arts through photography as a metaphor of the union of peoples.
ValenciaPhoto® is structured around three main axes:
- International: Collaboration with artists, festivals, galleries and institutions in different countries. France is the guest country for 2023 edition.
- Promotion of local photographers: Each edition focuses on one of our local photographers. This year the work of Hector Murgui Luna will be shown to the public in the Municipal Hall of Valencia City Council.
- Education: Lectures, debates, master classes, guided tours.
During the opening week (8-17th of September), prestigious buildings will open their doors to share culture with you all:
- La Llotgeta Center Fotográfic. Mediterranean Foundation
- Municial Hall of Valencia City Council
- Rector Peset Residence Hall
- La Nau Cultural Center
- Espai d’art fotogràfic
- Pilar Faus Public Library
- Cervello Palace
- In Arte Veritas
- Vaidus Gallery
- Town Hall Square